Easter is one of the most celebrated holidays in Australia. It’s a time to be with family and observe Easter traditions that have been practiced for years.
How to Celebrate
There are many things you can do to celebrate Easter. May it be with friends or family, there are a lot of celebrations you can take part in.
- Easter Eggs – These have become the trademark for Easter celebrations. It’s never the same without them. Families make the Easter eggs decorations themselves, blowing the eggs then decorating them. Some families also make the eggs used for Easter egg hunts, though there is an option for these to be store-bought. Regardless where you get the Easter eggs, the Easter egg hunt is a fun activity to do especially for kids.
- Royal Easter Show – The largest annual event in Australia, it brings in 900,000 people every year. The show is packed with good food and good entertainment like grand parades, carnival rides, evening entertainment and exhibits.
- Hot Cross Buns – The classic Easter treat. This is devoured usually during Good Friday. Most families buy hot cross buns as a way to celebrate Easter.
- Family Lunch or Dinner – The long holiday is also a chance to spend time with family and loved ones. Especially with the long weekend, families can do Easter activities at home or even go for a mini-vacation. But the most common way families celebrate Easter is with a lovely family lunch or dinner.
How to be Prepared
- Pick out recipes and buy ingredients ahead of time – If you will be having a family lunch or dinner for Easter, plan what you are going to serve on Easter Sunday. Also buy your ingredients at least a day before the celebration.
- Prepare materials needed for the Easter egg making – If it will be your first time to make these, research on what materials you’re going to need and list down the procedures on how to do it. It will also be good to try it at least once so you’ll know how to instruct other participants about the procedures, especially if there are kids.
- Book accommodations in advance – If you are going out of town, be sure to book your accommodations in advance. Some hotels offer discounts if you book ahead of time.
- Buy tickets in advance – If you’re planning on watching the Easter show, buy your tickets beforehand. You can also get discounted pricing if you purchase in advance.
How to be Financially Prepared
- Have a budget plan – For any event or holiday celebration it’s good to always have a budget plan. Plan ahead what you will spend on and allocate ample amount of money for it. The important thing is to stick with the budget. For the Easter holiday, prepare a budget for your family lunch or dinner, the Easter egg decorating or Easter egg hunt, and the various activities you plan to do.
- Have extra cash – It is essential to have extra cash in hand, especially if you will be travelling. You don’t know what emergency situations you’ll need finances for.
If your current cash won’t cover it, you may consider getting fast cash loans. At Personal Finance Co we offer cash advance loans you can use for emergencies. We also offer personal loans if you simply want to take a family holiday. We understand how important it is for families to celebrate Easter. We can give you a workable loan package that will suit your needs.